The focus of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Summer Internship in Engineering and Neuroscience is the research experience. Students will be integrated into a research team focusing on issues in engineering and neuroscience within one of several laboratories. Students are assigned a research project and are guided by their research advisor over the course of the summer. At the end of the program, students present the results of their research to their peers and the research community. This program allows students to obtain hands-on experience in the development, execution, analysis, and presentation of research in engineering and neuroscience while earning $650/week for up to 10 weeks.
The 2023 Summer Internship dates are:
- May 22- July 28
- June 12 – Aug. 18
The deadline to apply will be March 15, 2023.
This summer the following labs will have internship opportunities:
- Single Motor Unit Lab led by Dr. Rymer
- Center for Aphasia Research & Treatment led by Dr. Cherney
- Max Näder Center for Rehabilitation Technologies and Outcomes Research led by Dr. Jayaraman
- Neural Engineering for Prosthetics & Orthotics Lab led by Dr. Hargrove
- Shirley Ryan Affective and Emotion Rehabilitation Lab led by Dr. Ashaie
- Single Motor Unit Lab (Neurorehabilitation Team) led by Dr. Sandhu