In 2009, the Pain Management Center was named a “Center of Excellence” by the American Pain Society (APS). This award honors pain-care teams that overcome difficult challenges to provide outstanding, exemplary care for those with chronic pain disorders, acute pain after surgery or trauma, and in palliative care settings for pain from cancer and other terminal conditions. It is the only APS-awarded center in the Chicago area.
The Pain Management Center sees a variety of different diagnoses including chronic low back pain, fibromyalgia, complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS), neck pain, arthritis pain, and many more. Our interdisciplinary approach, housed in a single location, includes traditional therapies as well as interventions that will help to improve not only the patient’s physical but also emotional well-being. These strategies include sleep modification, pacing strategies, proper use of body mechanics, posture, and relaxation techniques—all designed to enhance the patient’s function while minimizing the use of medications and invasive procedures.
Patients benefit from an interdisciplinary treatment program designed to:
- Develop long-term strategies for pain management, health maintenance and a balanced lifestyle
- Recover the ability to perform activities of daily living, occupational tasks and leisure pursuits
- Resolve the emotional and psychological consequences of coping with chronic pain
- Facilitate support from family to promote the patient’s continued participation in learned pain management strategies.
- Maximize individual-based pharmacotherapy for pain management
Making an Appointment
If you're experiencing chronic pain and are ready to get your life back, contact us today:
- Call us at 312-238-7800 to book your appointment.
- Complete and print the Personal Health History Questionnaire. Please bring this to your first appointment to ensure we have a complete understanding of your pain and health history.