You are facing an important decision – choosing a rehabilitation hospital for either yourself or a member of your family. When the goal is to regain ability and independence lost to an injury or illness, quality of the rehabilitation care you choose is very important to your outcome.
Not all inpatient rehabilitation facilities are the same. There are differences in their levels of experience, the quality of their patient care, and the sophistication of the technologies and therapies they use. For you or your loved one to regain as much ability as possible, you will want to select a program that employs the world’s most advanced treatments, leading experts, and world-class rehabilitation care.
Ranked the #1 rehabilitation hospital in America by U.S.News & World Report every year since 1991, the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab (formerly the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago) is sought out by patients from all over the world because of our proven ability to achieve greater functional improvement than anywhere else in the nation or around the globe.
The World's Leader in Rehabilitation Research
Home to the world's largest clinical research center for rehabilitation medicine, the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab does not accept the status quo. Inspired by our determination to deliver the best possible outcome to each of our patients, we are constantly challenging ourselves to innovate with new treatments and discover new technologies.
- No other rehabilitation hospital in the nation carries more research designations from U.S. government agencies, including the Department of Defense, to develop breakthrough treatments.
- We have an average of 250 research studies underway at any given time.
- Our research discoveries set new standards and protocols in rehabilitation hospitals around the world. We regularly publish research in the world's foremost medical journals, including the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) and its European equivalent, The Lancet.
Superior Care & Superior Outcomes
Each patient's personalized care team consists of the field's foremost rehabilitation doctors, nurses, therapists, care managers and clinical specialists. No other specialty hospital in the nation has a more experienced track record:
- We deliver results that exceed national and regional averages across all of our areas of specialty.
- We provide care for more than 50,000 patients from all across the globe annually.
- We treat more patients than almost any other rehabilitation hospital in the nation.