Check out all the Fitness Center of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab has to offer - from a well-equipped fitness center, to general fitness and specialized group classes, to one-on-one personalized training sessions. The expert staff is here to motivate you and help you reach your personal best!
Fitness Center Offerings
Individualized Training is offered through our Functional Fitness Program, where members work one-on-one with one of our exercise physiologists to advance and maintain their functional goals. In addition, our staff can help you improve your gait and balance through Lokomat and AlterG treadmill training.
Telefitness is a one-on-one interactive virtual exercise program for individuals looking to maximize their functional fitness and training outcomes under the guidance and care of one of our expert Exercise Physiologists. The program is designed to help increase motivation, activity, improve physical ability, and enhance personal fitness goals all from the comfort of home.
Group Classes – Whether you are looking to improve your balance, strengthen your core, build endurance, or maximize your overall health and well-being the expert staff at the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Adaptive Fitness Center offers participants diagnosis-specific and general group classes:
- Parkinson’s disease PWR in-person class Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9:45-10:30 am
- Parkinson’s disease virtual class Tuesday and Thursday 10-10:45 am
- Proactive Parkinson’s Disease Exercise Program Tuesday and Thursday 8:15-9:00 am
- Pulmonary Phase III Monday and Wednesday, 10:45-11:45 am, 1-2 pm, 2-3 pm
- Nordic Walking (Seasonal May-September) Thursdays 9-9:45 am
- Adaptive Pilates Tuesdays 2-2:45 pm
- Seated Dance Fridays 10:45-11:30 am
- Adaptive Seated Yoga Fridays 9-9:45 am
- Mat Yoga Wednesdays 8:45–9:30 am
- New Balance and Stability Class
- Balance I is on Wednesdays 2–2:45 pm
- Balance II is on Fridays 11:45 am–12:30 pm
- Exercise for Cancer Treatment Monday–Friday by appointment only, 6:15 am–6 pm
- Telefitness by appointment only
- Aquatic Fitness Program
- Group sessions are on Tuesday 4:15–5 pm, Wednesday 11:30 am–12:15 pm and 4:30–5:15 pm and Thursday 11:30 am–12:15 pm
- Individual Sessions are on Monday 2:30–3:30 pm or Thursday 12:30–1:30 pm
Sign up today or contact us for more information: 312.238.5001 or email Logan Bradway