We will work with you to create a customized plan to address your needs for both motor and non-motor symptoms.
The PDMD program offers a variety of services including clinical care, research, education and community outreach. We offer comprehensive clinical visits for new patients and ongoing treatments, customized early-stage evaluations, individualized rehabilitation therapy services, fitness center classes, educational sessions and a broad range of research opportunities.
- Parkinson’s disease
- Atypical Parkinsonian Syndromes including:
- Corticobasal Degeneration
- Multiple System Atrophy
- Progressive Supranuclear Palsy
- Functional movement disorders
- Gait disorders
- Huntington’s disease
- Lewy body dementia
- Tremor and essential tremor
The interdisciplinary PDMD clinic takes a team approach, with your best outcome at the forefront of all evaluations and plans. You are seen by our expert team of physicians (movement disorders neurology and physiatry), nurses, physical and occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, and others, as needed.
Patient care assessments and plans are made in real time. Team members meet with each patient to develop an individualized treatment plan to address your specific goals. Our translational model utilizes research studies and the most current data to drive our approach.
Early Intervention Program
Current research shows that an active lifestyle, with regular exercise at the right intensity, can benefit those living with Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders. We want to partner with you to build an active lifestyle and assist with any future needs as they arise.
Our program is tailored to be proactive and to optimize function and enhance quality of life by:
- Performing individualized evaluations
- Assessing walking, balance, posture, fine-motor skills, cognition and communication among other areas
- Creating customized exercise programs
- Teaching use of technology to support work and leisure activities
- Offering ongoing guidance to help maximize mobility and achieve goals