Our program offers a variety of services including clinical care, research, education and community outreach. We offer comprehensive clinical visits for new patients and ongoing treatments, customized early-stage evaluations, opportunities to engage in cutting-edge research and individualized rehabilitation therapy services in addition to fitness and education services.
- Parkinson’s disease
- Atypical Parkinsonian Syndromes including:
- Corticobasal Degeneration
- Multiple System Atrophy
- Progressive Supranuclear Palsy
- Functional movement disorders
- Gait disorders
- Huntington’s disease
- Lewy body dementia
- Tremor and essential tremor
Our Parkinson's Disease & Movement Disorders (PDMD) program cares for patients collaboratively to create individualized care plans. Your care team includes neurologists, physiatrists, physical and occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, advanced practice providers, nurses, and many others. Together, we see patients in a variety of ways, but always with a shared goal of optimizing your outcomes and improving your function.
The interdisciplinary PDMD team approach of our clinic focuses on your best outcome at the forefront of all evaluations and plans. Patient care assessments and plans are made in real time, and clinicians meet with each patient to develop an individualized treatment plan to address your specific goals and make recommendations for next best steps. Our translational model utilizes research studies and the most current data to drive our approach and the variety of team members allows us to assess your individualized needs.
Early Intervention Program
Current research shows that an active lifestyle, with regular exercise at the right intensity, can benefit those living with Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders. We want to partner with you to build an active lifestyle and assist with any future needs as they arise.
Our program is tailored to be proactive and to optimize function and enhance quality of life by:
- Performing individualized evaluations
- Assessing walking, balance, posture, fine-motor skills, cognition and communication among other areas
- Creating customized exercise programs
- Teaching use of technology to support work and leisure activities
- Offering ongoing guidance to help maximize mobility and achieve goals