yellow houses mirrored image

Listing: Agencies for Housing Resources

Media Type

Online Resource

Reviewed Date

Jun 6, 2023


There are various options for people with disabilities who need a different place to live in the Chicago area. You will need to make contact with each organization to discuss the available options for the person in need.


Access Living of Metropolitan Chicago
Access Living is a bridge that connects low income housing developers to people with disabilities in search of housing in Chicago. We work to utilize available housing stocks, ensuring that providers fulfill housing commitments to people with disabilities through tax credit applications and other programmatic requirements. Call 312-640-2181 to obtain a housing list

Anixter Center - Residential Services
Depending on the needs of the person with the disability, Anixter’s residential support services range from home visits to services for families to 24-hour care. Settings vary from neighborhood buildings where 4-8 people are living in one home, to individual apartments leased by the person with a disability.Residential services for persons with disabilities in Chicago, Evanston and Lake County.
Call 773-761-1501 or 773-761-5607 (TTY) for questions about housing.

Buffet Place - Supportive Housing for people with disabilities
Upscale property in North Chicago

Chicago Mayors Office for People with Disabilities (MOPD) - Housing Services:
Call for listing of housing units for persons with disabilities. For more information, go to MOPD website.
121 N. LaSalle Street
Room 104
Chicago, IL 60602   

Mayor’s Office for People with Disabilities Housing Information Services Guide Housing Resources
MOPD’s Housing resource guide links people with disabilities to affordable and accessible housing units and information on housing programs and resources. We advocate for accessible housing for people with disabilities in the city of Chicago.
312.744.6673 (Voice) or 312.744.7833 (TTY)
Email - 
2102 W Ogden Ave
Chicago, IL 60612

Chicago Housing Authority
Coordinates public housing program for seniors; family unit housing; scattered site housing; and the voucher program. For online information, click “Housing.
Please call our main office number at 312.742.8500 to find a representative who can address your concerns.
Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. - Monday through Friday.

City of Chicago Department of Family & Support Services
Go to the website and click on “Programs & Initiatives” to find “Housing” resource information on rentals.
1615 W. Chicago Ave, 5th Floor
Chicago, IL 60622-5127
Phone: 312.743.0300

Apply for Rental Assistance Program (RAP)
RAP is open to all Chicago residents regardless of legal immigration status. Rental assistance is not a “public-charge” benefit. If you are a person living with HIV, specific resources are available for you by calling the HIV Resource Coordination Hub at 1-844-HUB-4040.

Housing Help -
A variety of federal, state, and local housing programs can help you find an affordable a place to live, modify an existing home for disabilities, or help you develop skills to live independently.

Illinois Housing Development Authority:
Provides resource information on rental assistance, finding an apartment, and grants for home buyers
SUITE 1000
(312) 836-5200

Libenu is the innovative leader in providing the gold standard of kosher residential services for Jewish adults with disabilities in Chicago. From group homes to apartments, Libenu provides fully accessible, beautiful, state-of-the-art living options in community settings that are comfortable and familiar for our clients. 
(847) 213-0514
8052 Monticello Ave.
Suite 203
Skokie, IL 60076

Lutheran Social Services of IL
1001 E. Touhy Avenue, Suite 50
Des Plaines, IL 60018

Social Serve
Find affordable and accessible housing anywhere in the country.
Call 1.877.428.8844

Thresholds - Housing for People with mental illness and substance use disorders
4101 N. Ravenswood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60613
(773) 572-5500

U. S. Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD): 
Information on finding an apartment; Section 8 vouchers; home repair programs, and specific housing information for people with disabilities.
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development | 451 7th Street S.W., Washington, DC 20410
Telephone: (202) 708-1112




This content is for informational purposes only and may not be comprehensive. Information contained does not imply an endorsement from Shirley Ryan AbilityLab, and does not replace the advice of a qualified healthcare professional.  See here  for further details.
© Shirley Ryan AbilityLab (formerly Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago)
Henry B. Betts LIFE Center – (312) 238-5433

Latest Updates

view all