The objective of this study is to understand how using a new powered prosthetic knee and/or ankle affects how people walk with a prosthesis.
Participants in this study will:
- Attend multiple study visits at the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab over 6+ months
- Be fit with the study devices: a microprocessor knee, powered knee, powered ankle/foot, and passive foot
- Receive training to walk with all study devices
- Perform functional outcome measures with all study devices
Who Can Participate
- Have a transfemoral (above-the-knee) amputation on one side
- Have used a definitive prosthesis for the past 6+ months
- Be able to walk at least 50 meters with their prosthesis
- Be English speaking
- Weigh 250 pounds or less
For additional information, please contact:
Participants will receive compensation for each study visit.