Functional Outcomes and Goal Setting for Spinal Cord Injury
Description: This webinar will review typical patient presentations for all levels of spinal cord injuries with introduction to the differences between complete and incomplete injuries. Functional outcomes, goal setting, and considerations for occupational and physical rehabilitation will be discussed.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the difference in projected functional outcomes associated with different level of SCI injury.
- Identify factors to consider when developing a plan of care and goal setting for ADLS and mobility for people with SCI.
- Discuss differences in goal setting and plan of care between complete and incomplete injuries.
Instructors: Amanda Olson, PT, DPT, NCS, Spinal Cord Innovation Center, Therapy Manager
Kelly Breen, MS, OTR/L, Occupational Therapist, FES Lab Therapist, Arms & Hands Lab, 21st floor; Research Therapist, Single Motor Unit Lab, Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
Audience: Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy Assistants
Note: You will have 3 months from the date of purchase to complete and review the course material. You will receive a reminder email 2 weeks before the expiration date.
Continuing Education Credits
This course has been approved by the Illinois Physical Therapy Board for 1.0 Contact Hour. Approval #216-000069.
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is an approved provider for the American Occupational Therapy Association to offer continuing education in occupational therapy. This introductory level program awards occupational therapists 0.10 CEUs or 1 contact hour. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA. Category 2: OT Process
Basic Computer Requirements: You will need access to a computer with an Internet connection. High speed broadband access (LAN, Cable or DSL) is highly recommended.
- PC: Compatible Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 Web Browser: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- MAC: Compatible Operating System: OS X Web Browser: Firefox, Chrome, Safari
Cancellation Policy: To request a cancellation of an on-demand program, please provide written notice by letter, email, or fax or contact us by phone within 24 hours of placing your order and we will refund you the full course fee. If you cannot give notice within 24 hours, a credit towards a future course of equal value would apply.