Bone Tumors and Infections: Management and Implications for Rehabilitation for PT & OT
Description: This webinar will provide an overview of the bone tumors and infections that are commonly encountered in the field of rehabilitation. It will provide the participant with background information on diagnosis, medical management, and treatment of bone tumors and infections. The focus will be on the role of rehabilitation professionals (PT/OT) in treating these patients during and after their tumor or infection.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- List most common bone tumors and infections encountered by rehabilitation professionals
- Summarize diagnosis and medical management of these bone tumors and infections.
- Explain role of PT/OT in care of patients with bone tumors and infections throughout the duration of their treatment
- Develop individualized treatment plans based on patient diagnosis and evidence based recommendations for optimal patient care.
Faculty: Meaghan C. Gilb, PT, DPT, PCS, Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
Audience: Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy Assistants, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants
Note: You will have 3 months from the date of purchase to complete and review the course material. You will receive a reminder email 2 weeks before the expiration date.
Continuing Education Credits
The Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID# 00435. This distance learning – independent and interactive webinar is offered at .1 CEUs [intermediate, OT service delivery]. AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
The Illinois Physical Therapy Board has approved this course for 1.0 Contact Hours. Approval #216-000069
The Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board of Physical Therapy as an approved provider of physical therapy and physical therapist assistant continuing education. This course has been approved by the New York Physical Therapy Board for 1.0 Contact Hours
Financial - Receives a salary from Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
Non-Financial - No relevant non-financial relationship exists
Basic Computer Requirements: You will need access to a computer with an Internet connection. High speed broadband access (LAN, Cable or DSL) is highly recommended.
- PC: Compatible Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 Web Browser: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- MAC: Compatible Operating System: OS X Web Browser: Firefox, Chrome, Safari
Cancellation Policy: To request a cancellation of an on-demand program, please provide written notice by letter, email, or fax or contact us by phone within 24 hours of placing your order and we will refund you the full course fee. If you cannot give notice within 24 hours, a credit towards a future course of equal value would apply.