To determine the type and quantity of bacteria present on gel liners worn by amputees.
Who Can Participate
The main criteria is that there must be documentation in our medical records of the delivery of the liner they are wearing. So, they must be Shirley Ryan AbilityLab patients.
The full inclusion criteria are:
- Unilateral or bilateral lower limb amputee
- Use of a roll-on locking or cushion liner delivered by Shirley Ryan AbilityLab clinical staff
- Ability to speak and understand English
- Cognitive deficits or visual impairment that would impair their ability to give informed consent or to follow simple instructions during the experiment.
- Outpatients or inpatients listed in their medical record as currently on any type of contact precautions
- Non Shirley Ryan AbilityLab issued liner
- Non-English speaking