To investigate the effect of two different forms of virtual reality training as a treatment for phantom limb pain.
Participants in this study will:
- Have a 20-minute screening phone call to verify appropriateness for this study.
- Participate in 2-4 assessment and training visits (in-person or virtually) with a study team member.
- Use an at-home phantom limb pain management system with virtual reality games, for 8 weeks.
- Complete follow-up questionnaires (in-person or virtually) after 16, 24 and 32 weeks.
- Participate in this study for approximately 9 months in total (in-person or virtually).
Who Can Participate
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have an arm and/or leg amputation(s) or limb difference(s)
- Be English-speaking
- Have experienced phantom limb pain for at least 6 months and at least twice a month.
- Have been on the same pain medications for at least 1 month, or not taking pain medication.
For additional information, please contact:
Compensation will be provided.