Inpatient & Caregiver Parking
During the inpatient admission process, we allow each inpatient to obtain one complimentary parking access card per patient room. The patient (or his or her guardian) will receive a parking registration form. Once the form has been completed, it must be signed by a SRAlab unit assistant, and brought by the patient, caregiver or family member to the parking office located on the 5th Floor (current parking office hours are weekdays from 8–10 a.m. and 2–6 p.m., and weekends from 11 a.m.–4 p.m.). The parking office staff will review parking logistics and activate the card, which will expire 15 days from the date of issuance (access can be extended for patients with longer stays by repeating the process).
Visitor Parking & Transportation
Other visitors who drive to the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab's flagship location can take advantage of levels 2-5 of our attached parking garage, located on Ontario Street just west of McClurg Court. Patient & visitor self-parking rates vary by length of stay:
- $3 with handicap placard
- $11 for the first 7 hours
- $15 for over 7 hours (rates restart after 24 hours)
You may also choose our valet service for a small, additional fee. Please contact us at 1-844-355-7342 for more details. Note that Academy course participants are ineligible to receive parking validation.
The Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is also in close proximity to Michigan Avenue bus routes, the Red Line (EL) "Grand" Stop, and other public transportation routes. For an updated listing of all bus and train routes and schedules, please call the Regional Transit Authority (RTA) Travel Information Center at (312) 836-7000 or visit http://www.rtachicago.com.
Parking at our many Alliance, outpatient and DayRehab centers vary by location.
Visiting Hours & Guidelines
We encourage visitors and want to make families and friends feel at home here. Visiting hours are between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Exceptions to visiting hours may be granted by the nurse manager/designee, nursing house supervisor, care manager or administrator-on-call for specific reasons such as learning a patient’s care or providing ongoing supervision. Here are a couple other things to keep in mind before coming for your visit:
- To access patient and therapy floors, all adults (18 years and older) must present a government issued ID (passport, drivers license, state ID, etc).
- Visiting during patient treatment sessions is permitted at the discretion of the treating therapist and/or nurse in consultation with the patient, family and/or legally authorized representative.
- All visitors are expected to conduct themselves in a manner which is considerate to the patients and staff and is in compliance with Shirley Ryan AbilityLab policies and procedures.
- Children younger than 15 years are allowed as visitors only in the company of a responsible adult. Those younger than 12 are not permitted to visit patients in an isolation room. Children ages 12 or older may visit in an isolation room after following appropriate precautions.