Long before the passage of groundbreaking legislation such as the Americans with Disabilities Act, we have promoted awareness and employment options for people with disabilities. Established in 1973, the Business Board consists of more than 100 of the most influential Chicago area businesses, current & former patients and vocational staff of the AbilityLab.
Leading the Way to Employment
The AbilityLab Business Board Committee facilitates the hiring of people with a disability. Its purpose is to engage the active participation of the business community to enable qualified individuals with a disability to obtain employment and succeed in the workforce. It provides education to employers on the benefits of employing and accommodating people after the completion of their rehabilitation.
Become a Member of our Advisory Board
By joining, you'll help discerns the directions and changes taking place in the business community as they relate to people with disabilities and coordinates subcommittee activities. Members of the Advisory Board are present or former subcommittee chairpersons and select Board Committee members. Many employers, including Chicago based businesses such as Aon Corp., Sears and The Northern Trust Company have joined the TEAM. Best of all, membership is easy and free. There is no obligation; moreover, joining gives you access to the following:
- Expertise regarding reasonable accommodations, job restructuring and modification, return-to-work issues and other concerns related to vocational rehabilitation
- Strategies for integrating qualified people with disabilities into the workplace
- Information on compliance with federal and state regulations that govern fair employment practices
- Opportunities to network with other human resource professionals
- Employer training programs and workshops
- Free access to highly qualified job applicants with disabilities
- Career day
To join, the Board or for more information call us at 312-238-6800.