In 2018, we will be holding three sessions of the Intensive Aphasia Therapy Program:
- February 5 - March 7
- April 16 - May 16
- October 8 - November 7
This program is open to all individuals with aphasia, but must be at least 18 years old. Participants should also:
- Be medically stable
- Be able to endure the intensity of the program
- Be independent in mobility and self-care, or be accompanied by a caregiver at all times
Applications will be reviewed to determine appropriateness of each individual for the program. Invitations will be on a first-come, first-served basis in response to the invitation. Interested participants must complete the entire application package.
The cost of the Intensive Aphasia Therapy Program is $20,916. This covers all individual, group, and computer-based therapies for the month-long program and includes daily lunch and snacks.
Payments are required directly from the participant to Shirley Ryan AbilityLab. At the end of the program, we will provide you with documentation including a patient statement indicating the daily charge, your payments, and a report of your weekly and overall communication progress.
Below is a payment schedule for the Intensive Aphasia Therapy Program.
2018 Program Payment Schedule
- $5,000 non-refundable deposit is required at the time of acceptance into the program
- $6,500 is required two weeks prior to the start of the program
- Four payments of $2,354 are required in installments at the beginning of each of the four weeks of the program
Eligibility and Application
Interested participants must complete the three-part application package:
- Intensive Aphasia Therapy Program Application (PDF)
- Physician Medical Information Form (PDF)
- Communication Report (From your current or most recent speech-language pathologist)
NOTE: Including copies of records of other hospital and rehabilitation services will also speed the application process.