On Sunday, Nov. 7, 2021, we hosted the 13th annual SkyRise Chicago at Willis Tower. This year’s event included both in-person participation in the world’s tallest indoor stair-climbing event, as well as a virtual option for participants — running, stepping and cycling in their communities in support of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
Thanks to our climbers, donors, volunteers and supporters, the event was a huge success! Together we raised more than $881,000 to Advance Human Ability™. As a not-for-profit organization, fundraising events, such as SkyRise, raise funds to support our patients.
Below are a few highlights from this year’s event:
- We had 651 total participants including 419 climbers, 222 virtual participants and 10 hand cyclists.
- Participants came from 21 states (plus an international participant from Malaysia!).
- 59 total teams; including 21 corporate teams.
- Our fastest climber this year was Wai Ching Soh, from Malaysia, with a time of 12:57!
- A local celebrity, Chicago Fire actor David Eigenberg, climbed.
- Ryan Burrow, WGN Radio, beat out his media competition to take home the coveted media trophy.
- Three generations of one family, ages 24, 57, and 85, all climbed together.
- A patient who was discharged on Saturday, handed out medals on Sunday, with a team of friends and family climbing in his honor.
We are so grateful to all our partners, participants and supporters. We hope to see you next year at SkyRise Chicago 2022!
Learn more about all of our events.