Shoulder Rehabilitation and Management
Description: This webinar is designed to focus on pathologies specific to the Shoulder Girdle itself as well as the effect the Shoulder Girdle has on the adjacent Cervical Spine, Thoracic Spine, and distal Upper Extremity. The course will consist of the essential thought process associated with differential diagnosis, assessment, and intervention of this region. Extensive time will be spent on movement and postural assessment, which can be challenging as it relates to the shoulder girdle. Patient case studies will be discussed highlighting associated thought process. Finally, return to sport and transition from the painful shoulder back to traditional weight lifting will be examined.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify Anatomical and biomechanical factors pertinent to the shoulder girdle.
- Recognize and classify scapular movement dysfunction, and identify causes of and treatment for scapular movement dysfunction.
- Identify underlying causes, treatment, and rehab considerations for shoulder problems, including impingement syndrome, rotator cuff disorder, instability, labral pathology, and shoulder stiffness.
- Discuss the thought process behind the design and implementation of therapeutic exercise programs to manage shoulder dysfunction.
- Identify basic anatomic and mechanical post-operative restrictions
- Evaluate case studies concerning a patient with shoulder pain.
- Demonstrate and discuss the transition back to traditional resistance training for the patient with shoulder pain.
Instructor: Sean Johnson, PT, DPT, OCS, CSCS, Major League Physical Therapist and Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach Los Angeles Angels Baseball
Audience: Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy Assistants, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants
Note: You will have 3 months from the date of purchase to complete and review the course material. You will receive a reminder email 2 weeks before the expiration date.
Continuing Education Credits
The Illinois Physical Therapy Board has approved this course for 1.5 Contact Hours. Approval #216-000069
The Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board of Physical Therapy as an approved provider of physical therapy and physical therapist assistant continuing education. This course has been approved by the New York Physical Therapy Board for 1.5 Contact Hours
The Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID# 00237. This distance learning – independent and interactive webinar is offered at .15 CEUs [intermediate, OT service delivery/Foundational Knowledge]. AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
Financial: Receives an honorarium for teaching this course from the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
Non-financial: No relevant non-financial relationships to disclose
Basic Computer Requirements: You will need access to a computer with an Internet connection. High speed broadband access (LAN, Cable or DSL) is highly recommended.
- PC: Compatible Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 Web Browser: Mozilla Firefox & Google Chrome
- MAC: Compatible Operating System: OS X Web Browser: Firefox, Chrome, Safari
- Do NOT use Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge as they are not supported.
Cancellation Policy: To request a cancellation of an on-demand program, please provide written notice by letter, email, or fax or contact us by phone within 24 hours of placing your order and we will refund you the full course fee. If you cannot give notice within 24 hours, a credit towards a future course of equal value would apply.