Athletic Sports Injuries
Through our collaboration with the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Adaptive Fitness Center and other organizations, we perform a number of projects investigating physical activity and common injuries in individuals playing adaptive sports.
In addition we are also investigating access for athletes and how COVID-19, both the disease and mitigations strategies has impacted these individuals.
- The Relationship between Ultrasound Metrics and the presence of shoulder pain in adaptive athletes
Co-Investigator: Jen Soo Hoo MD, (Weill Cornell Medicine)
- The Prevalence and Risk Factors for Shoulder Pain in Elite Sled Hockey Players
Co-Investigators: Ryan Nussbaum DO, (Shirley Ryan AbilityLab), Jacqueline Spangenberg (Louisiana State University Medical School)
- Access to sporting facilities for individuals with disabilities
Co-investigators: Sindhoori Nalla DO, Kevin Huang DO (Shirley Ryan AbilityLab)
- Health status and nutritional intake of adaptive athletes
Co-investigators: Kevin Ozment MD, Meghan Hayes MD (Shirley Ryan AbilityLab)
- The Impact of COVID-19 on Disability Golfers
Co-investigators: Cameron Fausett MD (Shirley Ryan AbilityLab)
- The Impact of Disability Golf on Player Health, Quality of Life and Self Perception: Thematic Analysis
Investigators: Stanley Guillaume (Shirley Ryan AbilityLab)