On Sunday, Nov. 6, Shirley Ryan AbilityLab hosted SkyRise Chicago — our annual fundraising event featuring a 105-story climb to the top of the Willis Tower!
KELSEY LEFEVOUR, PHD, ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR, 541 FAIRBANKS OUTPATIENT, PRESENTS MEDALS TO A FINISHER.
LAURA FERRIO, RN, CHIEF ADVANCEMENT OFFICER AND SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT; PEGGY KIRK, PRESIDENT AND CEO; AND NANCY PARIDY, PRESIDENT AND CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER; CELEBRATED WITH FINISHERS ON THE 103RD FLOOR.
At this year’s event, 1,363 participants (including in-person climbers, virtual climbers and handcyclists) raised more than $1 million for Shirley Ryan AbilityLab programming!
- Participants in SkyRise came from 32 states — plus international climbers came from England, Denmark, Singapore and Mexico!
- The fastest climber reached the top in 14:45!
- Local media — including four Chicago TV stations and three radio stations — covered the event. Click here to watch WGN’s report featuring an interview with Laura Ferrio, RN, chief advancement officer and senior vice president!
- Eight participants representing various news outlets participated in our special Media Challenge. Chicago Public Media’s Matt Kiefer took home the special trophy, which was designed by Terry Karpowicz, a prominent sculptor and Shirley Ryan AbilityLab research subject.
NANCY PARIDY AND PARTICIPANTS IN THE SKYRISE CHICAGO 2022 MEDIA CHALLENGE. MATT KIEFER (THIRD FROM THE RIGHT) TOOK HOME THE MEDIA CHALLENGE TROPHY.
- Cast members from NBC’s Chicago Fire climbed.
CHICAGO FIRE ACTORS KARA KILLMER (MIDDLE) AND DAVID EIGENBERG (RIGHT)
Since 2009, SkyRise Chicago has raised a total of $13.3 million for our organization!