Understanding your patient’s pain can be difficult. Use this short quiz to help evaluate the needs of your patient.
- Does your patient report pain most of the time throughout the day?
- Has your patient been unresponsive to prior conservative treatment received for this condition?
- Does your patient report problems with:
- Pain Medication effectiveness?
- Physical functioning?
- Ability to manage pain flare-ups?
- Ability to cope with pain?
- Does your patient miss school or work as a result of their pain?
If you responded yes to any of these questions, your patient may benefit from an interdisciplinary approach to pain management.
The interdisciplinary approach at Shirley Ryan AbilityLab’s Pain Management Center will help to improve not only the patient’s physical but also emotional well-being. These strategies include:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Graded motor imagery (GMI)
- Medication management
- Neurodynamic mobility
- Pacing strategies
- Relaxation techniques
- Sleep modification
All of these strategies are designed to work together to enhance your function and improve your independence while minimizing the use of medications and invasive procedures.
If you are unsure if your patient is a good fit or to learn more about our Pain Management Center, please visit our Pain Management Program or contact Maya Yuen, Clinical Manager, at 312.238.1249.
Download this quiz to print and share with your patients.