This is an advanced group exercise class that utilizes high-intensity, multidirectional and repetitive movements to increase endurance, balance and functionality of everyday movements.
The main goal for this class is to delay the progression of symptoms by:
- Increasing functional capacity, strength, balance and posture
- Decreasing the risk of falling
- Promoting psychological well-being and self-confidence
This class will take you through 7 BIG functional dynamic body weight strength exercises. A LOUD voice is encouraged throughout the workout for this class.
This routine may help improve your posture and reduce rigidity. It may also make daily activities such as getting out of bed, getting into a car and picking things up off the floor easier and more efficient.
Tips & Modifications
- Remember to begin each exercise with a wide base of support (feet wider than your hips) and proper posture (chin up, straight spine, abdomen tight, pelvis neutral, shoulders over the hips)
- If at any time you feel pain, stop the exercise, re-establish your posture and try the exercise again. If you continue to feel pain, stop or skip the exercise completely - do not continue with repetitions if the exercise continues to cause pain.
- Focus on completion of each repetition and finish exercises with “BIG” posture. Stay TALL AND CONFIDENT
- Focus on exaggerated movements and count LOUDLY voice.
- Make sure your eyes follow your hands, both in rotation and reaching/stepping exercises.
- Open your hands and extend fingers as much as possible for each repetition.