This routine is intended to work primarily on lower body strength and endurance. It covers most of the lower body, but not all of it. Ideally, it would be performed 2 times per week, and for 2 to 3 sets each time.
Tips & Modifications
- All exercises in the video are demonstrated free standing, but a solid stationary object can be used for balance.
- If any exercises cause pain or discomfort, reduce the range of motion. If it continues, discontinue the exercise.
- Modify the range of motion, speed, and number of repetitions as needed, based on ability.
- Remember to keep posture throughout.
- Pay attention to where movement is coming from. i.e. Pushing through heels, hinging at hips
- Remember to breathe throughout
Weights & Equipment
- This routine does not require the use of weights, but if you have any dumbbells or other objects available, such as a bottle of water or cans of soup/vegetables, you can use those to increase the intensity.
- You can also use chairs, boxes, or benches as targets, or to change the range of motion. i.e. Box or chair to squat to, lunge from a box