The Adaptive Cycling Program offers professional coach-led cycling training on Computrainers twice weekly in the winter and spring. A great way to stay in cycling shape for summer, stay active and build endurance for competition.
Equipment is provided. Space is limited and it is recommended that you call to reserve a spot in advance.
This program is offered free of charge to all registered Sports and Fitness program participants with a current medical form on file.
OUTDOOR CYCLING for 2019
PRACTICE LOCATION: Practices will be at the Lincoln Park Wilson Lot. We will stage in the south east corner of the lot. If booking a ride through Pace, please use the common location Dare2Tri. For an address, you can try to use 600 W. Wilson. It works in some GPS apps, but it may not show up in certain apps or maps. Weiss Hospital is also close by (4646 N Marine Dr, Chicago, IL 60640) and would not be a bad address to use if you are having a hard time getting someone to drop you off at our practice location.
WHAT TO BRING: Please bring a bottle of water, sun screen, and a helmet to every practice. If you do not have your own helmet, we will have a program helmet available for use.
WEATHER UPDATES: If there is inclement weather and we are going to cancel practice for the day, we will notify you by 12 PM the day of practice via email.
SUMMER CYCLING CALENDAR:
- Thursday July 25: LATE PRACTICE 3:30 – 7 PM
- Tuesday July 30: Practice 3:30-6 PM
- Thursday August 1: Practice 3:30-6 PM
- Tuesday August 6: Practice 3:30-6 PM
- Thursday August 8: Practice 3:30-6 PM
- Tuesday August 13: Practice 3:30-6 PM
- Thursday August 15: NO PRACTICE
- Tuesday August 20: Practice 3:30-6 PM
- Thursday August 22: Practice 3:30-6 PM
- *SHIFTED HOURS 8/27-9/19. Practice will run 2:30-5 PM*
- Tuesday August 27: Practice 2:30 – 5 PM
- Thursday August 29: Practice 2:30 – 5 PM
- Tuesday September 3: Practice 2:30 - 5 PM
- Thursday September 5: Practice 2:30 - 5 PM
- Tuesday September 10: Practice 2:30 - 5 PM
- Thursday September 12: Practice 2:30 - 5 PM
- Tuesday September 17: Practice 2:30 - 5 PM
- Thursday September 19: Practice 2:30 - 5 PM
Cyclists, be sure to download and read the Cycling Rules to Live By below.
If you are interested in road racing in a push-rim racing chair, contact Derek Daniels to find out how expert coaching can help you cross the finish line. In addition to summer training, indoor training on rollers is available in the fall and winter.