Interested in this profile?
Dr. Dhaher studies the biomechanics and neurodynamics of lower extremity movement in patients with neuromuscular diseases and central nervous system lesions.
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
355 East Erie
Chicago, IL 60611
Education & Training
1991 - 1997
PhD, Theoretical Mechanics/Biomechanics Material Science and Mechanics Department, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
1987 - 1990
MS, Mechanical Engineering/Applied Mechanics, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid, Jordan
1983 - 1987
Bachelor of Science (BSc), Mechanical Engineering, Yarmouk University, Irbid, Jordan
1997 - 1999
Post Doctoral Fellowship, Systems Neurophysiology, Northwestern University and the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
Evidence of impaired neuromuscular responses in the support leg to a destabilizing swing phase perturbation in hemiparetic gait.
A multi-scale elasto-plastic model of articular cartilage.
Honors & Awards
Fellow of the Northwestern Center for Engineering Education Research (NCEER)2007
Excellence in Neural Engineering Travel Award, IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society and National Science Foundation2001
BaskinAward for Excellence in Research, The Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago1999
- 1997 - PresentResearch Scientist, Sensory Motor Performance Program, The Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
- 2009 - 2015Associate Professor, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Biomedical Engineering, Northwestern University
- 2011 - 2014Rehabilitation Research Consultant, Government of Qatar
- 2004 - 2008Assistant Professor, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Biomedical Engineering, Northwestern University
- 2002 - 2006EMPhotonics Inc., Engineering Mechanics and Biomechanics Consultant
- 1998 - 2000Law office of Sidney Ezra, Biomechanics Expert
- 1992 - 1997Instructor/Research Assistant, Department of Material Sciences and Mechanics, Michigan State University
- 1992 - 1996Solira Laboratories In., Biomechanics Consultant
- 1996Prentice Hall, Engineering Mechanics Consultant
- 1988 - 1990Teaching Assistant, Mechanical Engineering, Jordan University of Science and Technology University