NEW FOR 2019! Our annual MILITARY SPORTS CAMP will feature a SKILLS ACADEMY offering two intensive intermediate level SPORTS CLINICS in SLED HOCKEY and WHEELCHAIR SOFTBALL. Camp participants will experience elite level coaching in a single sport clinic - participants will focus on either sled hockey or wheelchair softball - while at camp. Each clinic is devoted to hands-on development of playing skills to elevate the athlete's game.
In addition to high level sport instruction, this year's Military Sports Camp Skills Academy will provide educational sessions for all participants on:
- Joint Health and Injury Prevention
- Equipment Maintenance
- Team Development, and more
The Skills Academy will conclude with a friendly round of competitions.
BONUS: All participants will enjoy a SCUBA experience clinic with expert scuba instruction.
Veteran and active duty service personnel from all service branches and eras who live with a primary physical disability and have had athletic experience are welcome to apply. The 2019 Military Sports Camp Skills Academy is open to new and past Military Sports Camp participants. This camp is NOT an introductory level camp and is best suited to those who have sports experience and are interested in advancing his/her skills. Participants must be able to independently propel a wheelchair or ice sled.
Applications to the 2019 Military Sports Camp - Skills Academy in Sled Hockey and Wheelchair Softball are welcome from:
- New and past Military Sports Camp Participants;
- Men and women who have served or are currently serving in the US Armed Forces and have a physical disability of any kind, such as spinal cord injuries, amputations, stroke, MS, ALS, TBI with mobility impairment, and other orthopedic conditions; AND
- Veteran and active duty service personnel who have had some sports/athletic experience - Clinics are not introductory level and participants must be able to independently propel a manual wheelchair or ice sled.
- Complete the online Application by APRIL 15.
- Check your email for updates!
- Individuals will be notified of their application status by May 3.
PLEASE NOTE: Participants will be selected for ONE SPORT ONLY - either SLED HOCKEY or WHEELCHAIR SOFTBALL.
If accepted to the 2019 Military Sports Camp Skills Academy participants will have all local ground transportation, lodging, meals, program activities, and select Chicago sightseeing outing will be provided at no cost**. Covered costs include a flight to/from Chicago (thanks to the support of United Airlines) or a travel reimbursement if traveling by train, bus or other means of transit.
**Accepted participants are asked to secure his/her place with a small $75 deposit refundable upon successful completion of the Camp.
For more information, contact Aimee Gottlieb at email@example.com or 312-238-5010.