- To increase the awareness of neuropsychiatric and non-motor issues in Parkinson's disease
- To provide education, support, and resources for people with Parkinson's disease and their care partners, specifically focused on those Parkinson's disease features often considered “taboo” or not often discussed
- To improve the quality of life of people with Parkinson's disease and care partners and decrease caregiver burden of those caring for people with Parkinson's disease
Who Can Participate
Anyone diagnosed with Parkinson's disease or who is a care partner of someone with Parkinson's disease.
- This is a 10-part monthly series starting in November 2019 and ending in August 2020. Sessions that have already occurred are available via online video for new signups upon registration.
All future sessions will take place on the first Saturday of each month from 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM at the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab, 355 E Erie Street Chicago, IL 60611, with the exception of July 2020, which will take place on July 11.
- The Parkinson Foundation has provided a generous grant for this educational series and we offer this invaluable program at no cost to attendees. Lunch, parking, and education materials at live sessions will be provided.
- Monthly session topics include: building your PD care team, nutrition/speech/swallowing, depression/anxiety, cognition/psychosis, apathy/fatigue, vision/sensory symptoms, non-motor fluctuations, bowel/bladder/blood pressure, intimacy/relationships, sleep. You can attend all 10 sessions live in-person, or view the session videos online, or a combination of both, depending on your schedule/preference.
- For online participants: recorded videos of the live sessions will be available to view online for a limited time after each session. There will be an online form for question submission. Responses to questions by the session presenters will be distributed to all participants. You will not need specialized software to view the online videos.
- Please see this flyer for more information
- Please see this link for registration