To test the efficacy of a back support designed to support and maintain spinal alignment for persons with and SCI sitting in an ultralight wheelchair.
Participants in this study will:
- Take part in a 2-3-hour trial of wheelchair back supports
- Trial two different back supports in your own wheelchair and perform breathing, reaching and wheelchair skills.
- The session will take place at the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
Who Can Participate
- ASIA complete SCI between T4 and C6
- Weigh less than 250 pounds
- Able to grip a wheelchair push rim
- Able to transfer independently
Yes, participants are compensated $50 for their participation in this study.
Age Range Age 18-70 years old