This study is a randomized clinical trial that compares the efficacy and cost-effectiveness of an Intensive Comprehensive Aphasia Program that provides 60 hours of intensive treatment over three weeks (i.e. 4 hours a day, 5 days a week for 3 weeks) to rehabilitation that provides the same amount and type of comprehensive treatment but is distributed over 15 weeks (i.e. 2 hours, twice a week for 15 weeks).
Who Can Participate
- Adults with aphasia caused by a single stroke
- Right-handed prior to stroke
- $25 for each assessment visit
- $15 for each treatment visit
- Total: $350 for 3-week group and $575 for 15-week group