At Shirley Ryan AbilityLab, the safety of our community is our first priority. The following protocols have been enacted to protect the health and wellness of our patients, visitors and staff.
Outpatient, Physician Clinic and DayRehab Appointments
- To continue meeting patients’ needs during this time, we have established telehealth services for Outpatient, DayRehab and physician appointments. Please call 844-355-ABLE to learn more or to schedule an appointment.
- Inpatients are allowed to have one pre-designated visitor (18+ years old; the only exception to this policy is when family members are directed by Shirley Ryan AbilityLab staff to come in for discharge planning and family teaching). However, if a visit is not essential, to protect the health of your loved one, we strongly encourage you to connect virtually or via phone instead of in-person. Our staff is prepared to assist patients in setting up video chats and phone calls.
- Visitors must check in on the 10th Floor Sky Lobby upon arrival, and undergo a health screening.
- Visitors must stay in patients’ rooms, and avoid public spaces in the units (e.g., Innovation Center Hubs, laundry rooms, etc.) and throughout the building (with the exception of quick trips to the café, which is offering carryout).
VISITORS: Please Read Before Entering Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
Ask yourself these questions:
- Do I have common symptoms of COVID-19: cough (new or worsening), sore throat, shortness of breath or temperature above 100° F?
- Have I taken any fever-reducing medication within the past 24 hours to reduce my fever?
- Since I was last in the building, has someone in my household been diagnosed with COVID-19?
If you say yes to any of these questions, please DO NOT enter the hospital and contact you physician or local COVID-19 Hotline.