Management of Mild Cognitive Impairments in TBI (Physicians Only)
Description: This on-demand webinar will provide participants with an overview of mild cognitive impairments commonly seen following a Traumatic Brain Injury. Content includes current assessment and diagnostic tools frequently utilized in clinical care. The preponderance of the course focuses on current evidence- based treatments and the management of mild cognitive communication impairments.
Instructor: Julie Fuith-Costa, MS, CCC-SLP, Clinical Manager, River Forest DayRehab, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
- Financial - Receives a salary from the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
- Non-Financial - No relevant nonfinancial relationship exists
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify common mild cognitive impairments associated with traumatic brain injury.
- Examine current assessment techniques for mild cognitive impairments.
- Identify current evidence based treatments for individuals with mild cognitive impairments.
Successful Completion: After viewing the 1.5 hour pre-recorded webinar, you will complete a course evaluation and take a short assessment. You may download copies of your certificate from the RIC Learning Portal or request a copy to be sent to you by mail.
Continuing Education Credits
The Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
The Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Basic Computer Requirements: You will need access to a computer with an Internet connection. High speed broadband access (LAN, Cable or DSL) is highly recommended.
- PC: Compatible Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 Web Browser: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- MAC: Compatible Operating System: OS X Web Browser: Firefox, Chrome, Safari
Cancellation Policy: To request a cancellation of an on-demand program, please provide written notice by letter, email, or fax or contact us by phone within 24 hours of placing your order and we will refund you the full course fee. If you cannot give notice within 24 hours, a credit towards a future course of equal value would apply.