Cognitive-Communication Disorders in Early Childhood (Physicians Only)
Description: This on-demand webinar provides participants with an overview of cognitive-communication disorders in early childhood with a particular focus on acquired injuries. Content includes typical developmental milestones, common cognitive-communication disorders and examples of evidence-based management strategies of some of the more common problems in the 0-5 population.
Instructor: Lauren Eckerle, MA, CCC-SLP, Clinical Manager, outpatient Pediatrics, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
- Financial - Receives salary for teaching this course from the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
- Non-Financial - No relevant nonfinancial relationship exists
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe typical cognitive-communication development in children ages 0-5
- Identify cognitive-communication deficits in children ages 0-5
- Identify long-term difficulties associated with early childhood cognitive-communication deficits
- Cite examples of management of cognitive-communication disorders
Successful Completion: After viewing the 1.5 hour pre-recorded webinar, you will complete a course evaluation and take a short assessment. You may download copies of your certificate from the RIC Learning Portal or request a copy to be sent to you by mail.
Continuing Education Credits
The Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
The Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Basic Computer Requirements: You will need access to a computer with an Internet connection. High speed broadband access (LAN, Cable or DSL) is highly recommended.
- PC: Compatible Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 Web Browser: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- MAC: Compatible Operating System: OS X Web Browser: Firefox, Chrome, Safari
Cancellation Policy: To request a cancellation of an on-demand program, please provide written notice by letter, email, or fax or contact us by phone within 24 hours of placing your order and we will refund you the full course fee. If you cannot give notice within 24 hours, a credit towards a future course of equal value would apply.