Facilitating Adjustment to Spinal Cord Injury (Physicians Only)
Description: This program presents a perspective regarding normal adjustment to spinal cord injury and a framework for conceptualizing how treatment team members can be of help to the spinal cord injured individual. Pragmatic suggestions will be provided for integrating theory with practice.
Instructor: Jeri Morris, PhD, ABPN, Board Certified Neuropsychologist; former Senior Pychologist, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago and Assistant Professor, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify aspects of adjustment to spinal cord injury that are common to many individuals.
- Discuss the psycho-social factors that influence adjustment to spinal injury both during and following the rehabilitation process.
- Identify potential treatments or therapeutic responses that can be used by the treatment team to facility the adjustment of the individual who has sustained a spinal cord injury.
Successful Completion: After viewing the 1.5 hour pre-recorded webinar, you will complete a course evaluation and take a short assessment. You may download copies of your certificate from the RIC Learning Portal or request a copy to be sent to you by mail.
Continuing Education Credits
The Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
The Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Basic Computer Requirements: You will need access to a computer with an Internet connection. High speed broadband access (LAN, Cable or DSL) is highly recommended.
- PC: Compatible Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 Web Browser: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- MAC: Compatible Operating System: OS X Web Browser: Firefox, Chrome, Safari
Cancellation Policy: To request a cancellation of an on-demand program, please provide written notice by letter, email, or fax or contact us by phone within 24 hours of placing your order and we will refund you the full course fee. If you cannot give notice within 24 hours, a credit towards a future course of equal value would apply.