z Z10/25-10/27 Rehabilitation Nursing Practice: Review of Principles, Concepts, and Interventions
Wednesday, October 25, 8:00 AM to Friday, October 27, at 4:30 PM (CST)
NEW VENUE! This course will run at our new research hospital:
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
355 E. Erie Street - 12th Floor
Chicago, Illinois 60611
Audience: This course will provide current information for Registered Nurses working in various types of rehabilitation settings or caring for people with disabilities. This course will also be helpful for Registered Nurses interested in taking the CRRN Certification exam offered semi-annually in June and December by the Association of Rehabilitation Nurses Certification Board.
Course Description: This course will provide a comprehensive review of key concepts, interventions, and principles of rehabilitation nursing care across the continuum.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define the nursing role within the interdisciplinary team and the scope of practice of rehabilitation nursing.
- Describe the characteristics of the patient populations who utilize rehabilitation services.
- Discuss common problems seen in this patient population and interventions used to manage them.
- Discuss goals used to help individuals cope with the changes in their lives and return to the community so that each may resume the life of his/her choice.
- Identify strategies for achieving successful completion of the certification exam.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT
The Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (OBN-001-91) (OH-362- 9/01/2017).
This CNE activity is being offered for 21.5 contact hours
PARKING - For directions and hospital parking information: Click Here