3/28-5/9: Vision in Neurorehabilitation: Practical Tools for Assessment & Management
OT/PT Early Bird before February 10, 2023: $550, After: $650
SLP Early Bird before February 10, 2023: $400, After: $450
LIVE, ONLINE DATES:
Visual and perceptual impairments can significantly limit the ability to perform daily routines and resume participation in identified roles. Visual impairments can limit progression across different levels of care and various types of activities (e.g. reading, mobility, and self-care). This online course will serve as an introduction to common visual-perceptual impairments that can limit performance in patients who have visual impairments after neurologic injury or illness. In addition to a basic review of key anatomical features, learners will be introduced to essential components of a comprehensive vision assessment (e.g. visual acuity, ocular motor control, ocular alignment, visual fields, and spatial neglect). These concepts are organized in a simple framework that supports effective interpretation of a visual assessment and clinical decision making to develop of a plan of care. The instructors will provide an overview of potential ways that clinicians can modify the assessments when working with individuals experiencing cognitive or communication impairments. Case examples, videos and small group discussions will support interpretation and application of novel concepts.
- Viktoriya Landar, OTR/L Occupational Therapist, Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
- Kelsey Watters, OTR/L, BCPR, CBIS Occupational Therapist, Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Adjunct Faculty, University of Illinois at Chicago, Occupational Therapy program
- Stacey Lane, PT, DPT, NCS Physical Therapist, Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
- Shelby Masland, MA, CCC-SLP Speech-Language Pathologist, Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
- Haleigh Nierman, OTR/L Occupational Therapist, Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
- Dr. Michael Zost, O.D., FAAO, FCOVD Optometrist, Vision Rehabilitation Associates
OT/PT Track: Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy Assistants, Physical Therapists and Physical Therapist Assistants. SLP Track: Speech-Language Pathologists.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT:
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID# 3695. This distance learning independent/ distance learning- interactive course is offered at 22.5 Contact Hours, 2.25 CEU [intermediate level, Foundational knowledge/ OT Service Delivery]. AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
This online course has been approved by the Illinois Physical Therapy Board for 22.5 Contact Hours (12 hours self-study & 10.5 hours live). On-Demand approved for (22.5 hours self-study). Approval #216-000069
The Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board of Physical Therapy as an approved provider of physical therapy and physical therapist assistant continuing education. This course has been approved by the New York Physical Therapy Board for 22.5 Contact Hours (12 hours self-study & 10.5 hours live) or all on-demand (22.5 hours self-study).
The following states require continuing education units or contact hours with no state specific approval: CT, IA, and WA
- Internet connection: broadband wired or wireless (3G or better)
- Web browser:
Latest stable version of one of the following: Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge.
- Speaker or headset to listen to audio files and participate in Zoom calls
- Do NOT use Internet Explorer, as it is not supported.