Allied Health and Telehealth in Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
Description: During the Covid-19 Pandemic, Allied Health Professionals were forced to quickly change their current in-person practices to remote telehealth practices to provide patient care. In this webinar, participants will explore the multifaceted world of telehealth practices, how the pandemic changed state and federal laws to allow for the implementation of telehealth and what that looks like now for allied health professionals. Legislation, reimbursement, and the technical considerations for implementing these practices will all be reviewed. I
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Express Telehealth definitions and terminology.
- Describe the changes to state and federal law enacted to allow implementation of Telehealth in the spring of 2020.
- Discuss current legislation that affects Telehealth.
- Discuss the status of various methods of reimbursement for Telehealth.
- Describe the technical considerations necessary for the utilization of Telehealth.
- Summarize current examples of Telehealth practice by Allied Health Professionals.
Instructor: Kyle Fahey, PT, DPT
Audience: Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy Assistants, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Speech-Language Pathologists
Note: You will have 3 months from the date of purchase to complete and review the course material. You will receive a reminder email 2 weeks before the expiration date.
Continuing Education Credits
The Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID# 00586. This distance learning – independent and interactive webinar is offered at .15 CEUs [intermediate, Professional Issues]. AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
The Illinois Physical Therapy Board has approved this course for 1.5 Contact Hours. Approval #216-000069
The Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board of Physical Therapy as an approved provider of physical therapy and physical therapist assistant continuing education. This course has been approved by the New York Physical Therapy Board for 1.5 Contact Hours
This course is offered for 0.15 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level, Professional area).
Financial: Receives a salary from the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
Non-financial: Owner of Satellite Physical Therapy
Basic Computer Requirements: You will need access to a computer with an Internet connection. High speed broadband access (LAN, Cable or DSL) is highly recommended.
- PC: Compatible Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 Web Browser: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- MAC: Compatible Operating System: OS X Web Browser: Firefox, Chrome, Safari
Cancellation Policy: To request a cancellation of an on-demand program, please provide written notice by letter, email, or fax or contact us by phone within 24 hours of placing your order and we will refund you the full course fee. If you cannot give notice within 24 hours, a credit towards a future course of equal value would apply.