2/09/22: Assessment and Treatment of Dysarthria
Time: February 9, 2022, 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm Central Standard Time.
Note: If you are unable to attend the live event, you will be automatically enrolled in the on-demand version.
Description: This webinar provides participants with an overview of dysarthria as a result of stroke, brain injury, or other neurological condition. The webinar will review the evaluation process to identify and diagnosis dysarthria, as well as assist in differential diagnosis of the seven main subcategories of dysarthria. Additionally, overview and selection of various treatment techniques will be reviewed. Case presentations will be utilized throughout the course to enhance learning and understanding of content.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the defining characteristics of dysarthria including the seven main subcategories of dysarthria.
- Identify formal and informal assessment tools to diagnose individuals with dysarthria.
- Identify appropriate treatment techniques for the management of dysarthria.
Instructor: Kayla Nelson, M.S., CCC-SLP, Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
Audience: Speech-Language Pathologists
Continuing Education Credits
This course is offered for 0.15 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level, Professional area).
Kayla Nelson, M.S., CCC-SLP
Financial: Receives an honorarium for teaching this course from the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
Non-financial: No relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.
Basic Computer Requirements: You will need access to a computer with an Internet connection. High speed broadband access (LAN, Cable or DSL) is highly recommended.
- PC: Compatible Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 Web Browser: Mozilla Firefox & Google Chrome
- MAC: Compatible Operating System: OS X Web Browser: Firefox, Chrome, Safari
- Do NOT use Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge as they are not supported.
Cancellation Policy: To request a cancellation of a live webinar, please provide written notice by email or by phone within 24 hours of placing your order and we will refund you the full course fee. If you cannot give notice within 24 hours, a credit towards a future course of equal value would apply.