Z 12/08/21 Neurogenic Cultural Considerations for Assessment & Treatment Across the Rehabilitation Setting
Time: December 8, 2021, 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm Central Standard Time.
Note: If you are unable to attend the live event, you will be automatically enrolled in the on-demand version.
Description: The aim of this webinar is to engage clinicians (PT/ST/OT) within rehabilitation settings to reflect upon, evaluate and intentionally address their own cultural competency. Rehabilitation providers will define, examine and construct evidence-based principles through the lens of person-centered care and shared decision-making. The webinar will provide participants with tools for critical self-reflection as they relate to assessment and treatment of adults with neurogenic disorders.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Distinguish the key differences between unconscious and consciousness provider bias and contrast their distinct impact on achieving positive patient outcomes within rehabilitation.
- Summarize the evidence that link the patient/provider relationship and communication disparities to population- level health disparities.
- Identify effective solutions to address unconscious provider bias within the rehabilitation setting.
- Combine the key principles of cultural humility with clinical practice within the rehabilitation.
Instructor: Treasyri Williams Wood, SLPD, CCC-SLP/L, CDP
Audience: Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy Assistants, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Speech-Language Pathologists
Continuing Education Credits
The Illinois Physical Therapy Board has approved this course for 1.5 Contact Hours. Approval #216-000069
The Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board of Physical Therapy as an approved provider of physical therapy and physical therapist assistant continuing education. This course has been approved by the New York Physical Therapy Board for 1.5 Contact Hours
The Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID# 02493. This distance learning – independent and interactive webinar is offered at .15 CEUs [intermediate, OT service delivery/ Professional Issues]. AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
This course is offered for 0.15 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level, Professional area).
Financial: Receives an honorarium for teaching this course from the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
Non-financial: No relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.
Basic Computer Requirements: You will need access to a computer with an Internet connection. High speed broadband access (LAN, Cable or DSL) is highly recommended.
- PC: Compatible Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 Web Browser: Mozilla Firefox & Google Chrome
- MAC: Compatible Operating System: OS X Web Browser: Firefox, Chrome, Safari
- Do NOT use Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge as they are not supported.
Cancellation Policy: To request a cancellation of a live webinar, please provide written notice by email or by phone within 24 hours of placing your order and we will refund you the full course fee. If you cannot give notice within 24 hours, a credit towards a future course of equal value would apply.